One of the most fashionable vegetables of the year has to be the cauliflower. It is so versatile, tasty and low carb, we couldn't resist but put our own spin on it. This is unlike any Eggs Benny you have ever tasted, we guarantee it. Perfect for any time of day.
1 Large Cauliflower
½ Cup pomegranate seeds
½ Cup pumpkin seeds
4 Large eggs
100ml Olive oil
¼ Cup fresh mint - chopped
Sea salt & black pepper for seasoning
1 Cup natural Greek yoghurt
1-2 tps Harissa paste, or to taste – Sriracha sauce would work well too
2-3 tbs lime juice
1. Toast the pumpkin seeds in a large dry frying pan over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Leave to cool.
2. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Remove the inedible leaves from the cauliflower and trim off the bottom but keep the stem intact. Slice the cauliflower into 3cm steaks, drizzle both sides with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and place onto a non stick baking sheet.
3. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until browned and tender.
4. Prepare the dressing. Put the yoghurt, harissa and 2 tbs lime juice into a bowl, stir until well mixed, add extra lime to taste.
3. 3/4 fill a large saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Crack eggs into Poachies and cook for 4-5 minutes. Drain on kitchen paper. Remove eggs from Poachie bags. top tip... if the egg doesn’t come out of the bag easily it is not cooked, pop it back into the boiling water for another 20-30 seconds!
4. Whilst the eggs are poaching, sauté the kale in a little olive oil.
5. Place the cauliflower steaks onto serving plates toping each with the sautéed kale and the poached eggs, finish with a spoonful of the harissa dressing, a sprinkling of both the pomegranate and pumpkin seeds, a little chopped mint and a pinch of sea salt. Serve immediately.